Saturday, January 12, 2013

ootd: nauticaa & natives (part 1)


I made my first trip to the National Museum of the American Indian in Lower Manhattan. I've had a fascination with Native American culture since high school, so coming across this museum around the same time last year was a very pleasant surprise. 

The original lyric sheet of Buffy Sainte-Marie's 'Universal Soldier'


A war shirt believed to have belonged to the infamous Crazy Horse

My only wish is that it could be bigger! I hope to go to the Smithsonian one day....


On account of my big mouth I got myself into the tour of the building that the museum is a part of, the US Custom House. I thought I would be extremely bored, but it turned out to be a breath-taking tour of a building seeped in history and teeming with architecture easter eggs (the entire building was ocean-themed). Being let into the ravishingly furnished Collector's office was the highlight of the tour. 














No comments:

Post a Comment